Looking to open a new checking account?
Look no further! Our Power Checking account features:
- No minimum balance requirements
- No monthly or annual fees
- Free VISA debit card with Member Rewards
- Overdraft protection from your ActorsFCU savings account*
- Courtesy pay up to $750*
- Online & mobile banking and Bill Pay
- Mobile check deposits
An ActorsFCU savings account is required to open a Power Checking account.
Not a member yet?
Click here to see if you are eligible to join.
How to Open a Power Checking account
- STEP ONE: complete our fillable PDF application
- If you want to add a free checking account, check the box for "Checking (draft)"
- If you want a free VISA debit card, check the box for "VISA Check Card"
- If you want to receive statements and other notices electronically, check the box for "eDocuments"
- If you want the ability to deposit checks using your smartphone, check the box for "App Deposit"
- STEP TWO: Print your completed application & sign on the bottom of pages 1, 3, & 4
- STEP THREE: Submit your completed application and required documents via Secure Email*
- Please CLICK HERE to send us an email requesting a secure file transfer.
- We will email you back within 1 to 3 business day with an invitation to our Secure Email services
- Once you receive our encrypted email, simply reply with the following attachments:
- Completed form with wet signature(s)
- Copy of Valid Government-issued photo ID(s)
- Proof of membership eligibility (e.g., Equity card, SAG-AFTRA card, etc.)
- Proof of address (e.g., utility bill or lease agreement) if the address on your photo ID does not match the address listed on your membership application
- STEP FOUR: Once we have received the completed application and all supporting documents, the package will be assigned to a new account representative. You will receive an email with the name and email address of the assigned representative. Please note that incomplete packages will delay the processing time.
- STEP FIVE: Fund your new account. Your new savings account requires a minimum deposit of $100 to satisfy our minimum balance requirements.
How to add a Power Checking account to an existing membership
If you're already an ActorsFCU member and would like to add a free Power Checking account to your membership, please follow the steps shown above. However, please indicate your five-digit membership number at the top of your application.
Learn More about our Checking Account Services:
Member Rewards: A Debit Card with Rewards
Earn one Member Rewards Point for every $2 spent using your VISA Debit Card. Enrollment is automatic, it’s free, and points never expire. Plus, points are combined with Platinum VISA Credit Card earned points.
CardNav: A Debit Card with Protection
Help defeat fraudulent usage of your debit card. With the CardNav debit card protection app, you'll know when and where your card is being used, be able to turn your card on and off when you need to, choose when and where your card is used, and more. Safety at your fingertips.
Every time you use your VISA Debit Card, we'll round up your transaction amount to the nearest dollar and send those nickels and dimes to the account of your choice—or to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids.
ActorsFCU offers a truly unique way of giving you immediate availability of funds on your check deposits.
Along with Smartphone Apps, we also offer fee-free access to 30,000+ CO-OP Network ATMs, nearly 5,000 CO-OP Network Shared Branches, and Direct Deposit for all your deposit needs.
- Automatic Transfers from Savings: Money is transferred in the amount overdrawn. You must request this service and there’s a service fee for each item paid
- Cash Draw Line of Credit: Transfers from your Cash Draw are made to your Checking Account in increments of $50. Apply with Lending Services
- Courtesy Pay Protection: ActorsFCU—at its discretion—may cover insufficient funds checks, up to a limit of $750, for one low fee per covered overdraft transaction. Opt-in or out at any time by completing the appropriate form.